People like to have the best of facilities in their dream house. This includes the bathroom as well. One of them could be installing the best exhaust fans in the industry. We are referring to Delta Breez Green Builder GBR 50 50 CFM Exhaust Bath Fan. Let us look at the features available in this exhaust fan.
Features in a Nutshell:
- This fan is virtually noiseless at 0.3 sones
- LED indication beneath the grill
- Saves energy and thereby cost
- Corrosion free galvanized steel construction
- Brushless DC motor
- Energy star certified
Description in brief:
This is a light weight bathroom exhaust fan capable of running at dual speed. You have a motion sensor in place. Select models have a humidity sensor as well.
- Air flow is in the range of 50 to 100 cubic feet per meter (CFM)
- The 4-inch duct size is optimum.
- This fan works on a DC motor supplied along with the fan.
- This is a virtually silent fan at 0.3 sones.
- Consumption of energy is in the band 3.8 to 13.9 watts
- The energy efficiency level is in the band 6.8 to 13.1 CFM/Watt
- It is estimated to run up an electricity bill in the range of $3.96 to $14.50 per month
- It qualifies as an “Energy Star” product.
Why should you opt for this fan?
Let us look at the features in detail. This will make you understand why choosing this fan is the right thing to do.
Compatible with Green Construction norms:
Go Green is the slogan today everywhere in the world. Otherwise, we might not be leaving a world fit enough for our children to breathe. Taking cue, Delta Breez Green Builder 50 CFM Exhaust Fan is a pioneering achievement in bathroom ventilation as far as green construction is concerned.
Highly energy efficient, this exhaust fan is renowned for its exceptionally low power consumption. You can literally hear a pin drop on the floor when the fan is functioning. This product shows exemplary performance at 0.25-inch static pressure.
Powered by a brushless Delta DC motor, this fan is very easy to install. The sound and flow rating is at a level perfectly compatible with green construction norms. Above all, it is very light on your pocket as well.
Excellent air flow specifications:
The air flow of this product is an excellent 50 CFM while the standard norm is around 35 CFM. This makes it compatible to serve a larger area. Hence, it is perfectly suited for the modern day spacious bathrooms.
Save energy / money
This is a noiseless fan running at sound levels below 0.3 sones. This is below the threshold of human hearing. Consuming 3.8 watts of power, you have an efficient product on your hand, especially as the industry average for AC motors is 27.1 watts. Even if your fan runs 24 X 7, you will run up a power bill of around $3.99 as against the national average of $28.49 for AC driven exhaust fans.
Energy Star Certification:
The DC brushless motor technology is a common feature of all Delta Breez Ventilation Fans. Having proper start and lock protection functions, these fans have to pass through rigorous tests. Capable of running for 70,000 hours continuously, these fans come with a 3-year limited warranty.
- Extremely silent operation
- Saves energy up to 86%
- Energy Star Certified
- Outlast AC models by 70%
- Motor does not require frequent replacement
- Use 74% less power than an AC powered fan
- Easy to install
- LED indication that the fan is functioning
- Wide slits making the fan and ceiling above it visible through the vent
- Not usually possible to install it on the wall
This is a good product judging from the fact that 84% of the customers have given it a rating of 4 and above. The average rating of 4.3 out of 5 spread over 293 reviews on Amazon is a good one.
- A majority of customers have appreciated the fact that this product is easy to install.
- Everyone has confirmed that the fan makes very less noise as compared to the ones they had earlier.
- Some people were not happy with the CFL bulbs provided along with the fans. However, the same people have appreciated the lighting capacity after replacing them with LED lamps.
- One particular person wanted the company to resolve the issue that the vents were slightly larger than necessary.
- People are happy with the air flow. It is one of the positive features of this exhaust fan.
- A lot of people have stated that this fan keeps most of the fog off the mirrors.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
1. Does the fan take a little while to get started?
Yes, the manufacturers have installed it as a safety feature because the fan checks for the restrictions before ramping up the speed. It is perfectly normal. However, it does not take more than 4 to 5 seconds to do so.
2. Can you place the fan over the shower?
If you place it on a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) protected circuit, you can place it over the shower.
3. What is the power of the LED light?
According to the company information sheet, the temperature / power of the LED light are 2700 K / 850 Lumens.
4. Can we install it as a wall fan instead of installing it on the ceiling?
It depends on the thickness of the wall. If it is a 2 X 4 wall, it will not fit into it.
5. How many switches do you need?
One switch is enough if you wish to control both the fan and the light together. Otherwise, you need two switches.
As far as power consumption, noise reduction, energy efficiency, and performance are concerned, this exhaust fan is worth the money. Your bathroom deserves this wonderful addition. Install it and have a great time.