In this post we are going to review the Air King BFQ High Performance Bath Fan which is one of the most cost effective bathroom exhaust fans you will find in the market.
If you are looking forward to replace your noisy screechy bathroom fan then consider investing on the Air King BFQ Bath Fan. Let us take a quick look at some of the coolest features of this bathroom fan.
- The fan comes encased in a white polymeric grill which is reinforced with highly durable plastic frame for enhanced look and performance.
- This fan is extremely easy to install. The special snap-in installation process makes sure that the fan is installed in no time at all.
- The Air King BFQ includes a 4 inch plastic duct collar along with a draft damper in the back for draft protection and silent operation.
- It would give your bathroom the best possible ventilation at the most cost effective rate.
- The plastic casing ensures that it is water and rust resistant.
- The Air King BFQ operates at 90 CFM with 2.5 sones
One of the best parts about the Air King BFQ bath fan is the simple installation process. You don’t need to call an electrician to get the fan installed. The snap-in installation system makes sure that you get to install it by yourself. The package would include bracket nails for attaching to the ceiling joist after which you just need to snap the fan housing in. Now its time to connect the ducting and wiring. Finally you need to install the grill and your bath fan is ready to use.
The advantage of plastic
The Air King BFQ High Performance Bath Fan is crafted out of UL listed, moulded high impact plastic case which comes with a number of benefits. Most bathroom fans we see are made out of welded and bended steel. Steel fans are not only more expensive but the welds tend to break down more easily. Breakdown of the welds causes your bathroom exhaust to make a loud rattling sound while in operation. This is precisely why you need to choose a plastic bath fan. Fans with metal casings make a loud reverberating noise while the plastic ones are almost silent. The all plastic housing of the Air King BFQ 90 High Performance Bath Fan doesn’t come with any welds, so there is not the slightest possibility of the weld breaking down with time. Moreover, plastic is known to be a naturally sound absorbing material so that you can bathe in peace without being bothered by the annoying rattle of your bath fan. Bath fans with metal bodies also tends to rust easily because of constant exposure to moisture. This problem gets all the more serious for people living near the coast. The high impact, UL moulded plastic casing of the Air King BFQ is never going to rust giving your fan a much prolonged life.
Advantage of the snap-in installation
The screws which come with the fan are used to secure a metal clip to the rafter. The casing of the fan would easily snap into that from below. This is one of the most easy to install bath fans you will find in the market. It would just take 40 minutes-1 hour to install the Air King BFQ. You would need to make sure that your duct work is 4 inches or else you’d require to purchase a duct convertor of 3 inches – 4 inches.
All you need to do is follow the steps given below and your fan is all set to use:
- Turn off the power supply
- Remove the cover of the old fan
- Find the plug and keep it unplugged
- Unscrew all the screws which is holding the fan together and gently bring out the fan
- Get a drywall handsaw and make the hole bigger so as to insert your new fan. You can easily get the size right by using the case of the Air King and tracing it out with a pencil.
- Now put the fan in its place and secure it with the provided screws.
- Put the plastic casing back on and plug it in.
- Now just switch on the power supply and your fan would start rotating quietly.
Your bathroom will be fresh and moisture free
The high performance ventilation of the Air King BFQ 90 would keep your bathroom dry and fresh and eliminate all the moisture after a shower. The daft damper in the back helps it to operate silently while preventing drafts from getting into your bathroom. It would work well for bathroom measuring 90- 115 square feet. It would move the moisture in the air without making any noise at all.
The fan is so silent that you will be prompted to check if it is on or not. It would remove all the moisture from your bathroom much quickly than any other bath fans. This is because it comes with a fairly large vent screen which helps to do away with the moisture from the bathroom within just a nick of time.
This unit which has been priced at $49.00 is now available on amazon.com with a whopping 32% discount. So you just need to spend $33.25 dollars for the Air King BFQ 90.
The Air King BFQ 90 comes with a one year warranty on its parts.
- Rust proof plastic body
- No rattling sound
- Extremely easy to install
- Best bath fan within the $50 range
- Warranty on parts for one year
- While this fan would be just perfect for any new constructions, you’d need to make a big hole in the ceiling so as to install it easily in your existing bathroom.
- Another problem is that the slots in the grill of the fan is quite big and makes the fan housing absolutely visible from below.